Thursday, June 16, 2011

SUMMER FUN

My kids help with the local summer reading program doing puppets and skits. They never walk the two blocks (aren't we lucky?!) to the library, without bringing home sacks of books. I confess, I'm a little jealous that they have so much free time to read. Sigh.


This summer I'm reading WE ARE NOT EATEN BY YAKS, LOSER, RULES, WHALES ON STILTS, and WIVES AND DAUGHTERS (which is a humongous non-middle-grade book, which I read to keep from turning into a twelve-year-old boy, ya know ;). I hope to read more than these, but I have to write, too. AND we're beginning rehearsals for WILLY WONKA soon at the Children's Theater of Wellington, so that will be "Buckets" of fun. (If you get that pun, be sure to note it in the comments!)


So, what are you reading this summer?


AND, it wouldn't be summer without a good game of flashlight tag, and Leslie Rose of YES, THIS WILL BE ON THE TEST has tagged me on her blog. Go check it out. She's the coolest fifth grade teacher I know, and she's into STAR WARS. Seriously. Check it out. Here are the honest answers to the tag questions:








Do you think you’re hot?
I'm certainly warm.

Upload a picture or wallpaper that you’re using at the moment. 


That's my husband (of course, he wasn't my husband then), me in the middle (age 16), and my brother, Jay. Oh, and the poodle? That's Cha Chi. This pic has been circulating throughout the Brownie ranks this summer.

When was the last time you ate chicken meat?
Two days ago I made some incredible baked chicken for dinner. I got the recipe off the Biskquick box. ;)

The song(s) you listened to recently.
Everything by Delirious? (Everything is not a song. I mean literally, everything by them.)

What were you thinking as you were doing this?
Why did we ever name that poor animal Cha Chi?

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for thinking of me, Michelle! I must admit that I'm not the best at these tag games, but I promise to get to it sometime before...well just sometime. :)

    Great picture!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No worries, Amanda! I just want people to check out your wonderful blog! People, you have to read Amanda's opossum story--it's hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're right about Leslie...she's awesome! I haven't read WHALES ON STILTS yet, but Leslie raved about it. This summer I'll read MOCKINGJAY, plus I have a stack of books I've won on blogs, and I want to dive into those.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Julie,
    My daughter just discovered THE HUNGER GAMES series this week, and tore through the first book in two days. She went to the library and picked up CHASING FIRE today. See why I'm jealous of these kids? Must be nice to have time on your hands to read!

    Leslie is so much fun. I love her blog! Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha! Cha Chi. Awesome. Thanks for the tag! :D

    ReplyDelete