Tuesday, April 26, 2011

STRETCHING

WE HAVE A WINNER!!! Congratulations, Katy! The names were too good for the Brownies to decide. So we had a drawing of all entrants. Thank you all for entering, watch the blog for our nest contest! Katy, email me at mlbrown90 @ att . net (squish that all together) and tell me which gift card you'd like!


Watch this video. It is so cool, you may have to watch it a few times. Then please come back from Slinkyland and read the rest of this post. There's a contest!






Is that cool or what? So what does that have to do with Writing News and Book Reviews? Lots! Almost everything I've had published was a stretch for me. I have a great husband (I call him my "Idea Man") who's always tossing me zany ideas and challenging me to step outside my creative comfort zone. You don't think I came up with a book titled REVENGE OF THE PINK GRANNY PANTIES all by myself, do you?


So let's do some mental stretching. Name these two slinky thingies. The Brownies will decide the winner. I'll announce the winner Monday, May 2. What do you win? How does a $25 gift card to TOYS R' US sound? (Sorry, couldn't reverse the "R" ;) Then you can buy your own Slinkies, or Sea Monkeys, or whatever. If you'd rather have a reading-related prize, you can have the same amount to spend at Amazon or Barnes and Noble!


Adults can play, too. We all need ssstttrrreeettccchhheeeddd now and then! (Just keep it kid-friendly!)

12 comments:

  1. The blue one should be named the 'I'Slink and the other should be called Rainbow. The I'Slink walked around and looked at people and things and the Rainbow stretched like really really really far.

    -Clayton

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Clayton! Like the play on words with the 'I'Slink!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would name the blue spotted one Pox because it looks like it has chicken pox. I would name the rainbow one Coil because it was so bendy and flexible.

    Thanks!

    Mara C.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The rainbow I would name Stretch E. Slinky. The blue one I would name Flex I. Bull.

    Thanks!

    Kassidy C.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm laughing like crazy. I think I'll keep this video on my desktop for those days I need a giggle. I'm going to throw this contest to my class. Be back tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great names, Kassidy and Mara! Thanks so much for entering!

    Leslie, I don't know how many times I've watched it, but I can't get enough either! I can't wait to see what your kids come up with.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Too cute! I'm going to stick with alliteration and call them Spot and Sherbet! Thanks for the laugh at the end of the day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'd call the blue one Slinkephant since it reminds me of an elephant. I'd call the rainbow one Skittles Explosion.

    Thanks for the fun video and chance to streeeetch!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kristen and Jeanne, love these names! (I'm an alliteration addict, too!) Thanks for playing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. hi! this frankie. RAINBOW SLINKY AND STRECH SPRING. i LIKE FIRST AND LAST NAMES.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks, Katy and Frankie! More great names! I'll announce the winner sometime after 9!

    ReplyDelete