Tuesday, April 12, 2011

HAPPY 95th BIRTHDAY, BEVERLY CLEARY! (And Happy 40th to ME!)

That's right! I share my birthday with my favorite childhood author, Beverly Cleary! I love all her books, but have a special place in my heart for Ramona, because I was always getting into messes myself as a kid.


For example: On my first day of class in a new kindergarten, I passed gas LOUDLY during story time. I was mortified, especially when a boy pointed right at me and said, "It was HER!" I flatly denied it, and the teacher kept reading, but my cheeks still heat up at the memory.


What about you? Have any "Ramonaesque" memories? What's your favorite Beverly Cleary book? What did you think of the movie, Ramona and Beezus?

4 comments:

  1. I didn't meet up with the Beverly Cleary books until my oldest daughter's were checking them out at the library. I loved them even as an adult!

    My first Ramonaesque memory would have to be when I was 9 years old at summer camp. We were sitting at tables for a family style dinner and as I passed the hot gravy to the cute boy sitting next to me, the bowl slipped out of my hands and.... you guessed it....right on to his lap. I can still feel my ears turning red as they did that day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday, Michelle. I gave my whole class a copy of DEAR MR. HENSHAW this week. Thank you Scholastic for offering it up for $1.00 in the April Arrow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Leslie, that is so awesome! You have one lucky class! Thanks for the birthday wishes, I had a great one!

    ReplyDelete